Sunday, September 23, 2012

R.T Wolfe with Rionna Morgan

R.T. Wolfe is a fellow Crimson Romance writer. She and I are sisters in crime so to speak; we both write romantic suspense. I am sure excited to spend the day with her. So please, come on in and stay awhile. We love these books!


BUY on Amazon!
Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Yes, Rionna! Thank you for having me! I grew up in the midst of five crazy older brothers and sisters who I can’t help but love. I married young, had my three sons young and have been full speed ahead ever since. I’ve flipped houses, designed and planted landscaping projects and teach Pilates at our local Y. My new car already has more miles on it than I’d like to admit as I drive all over the Midwest cheering on my sons at their events. My trusty laptop is never far and it’s not uncommon to see me sitting in bleachers typing away.

How did you choose the genre you write in?
I didn’t. It absolutely chose me. I love mystery, sauce and a little crime mixed in with a growing relationship that develops along with the rest.

Do you work with an outline, or just write?
I work with an outline, yes, but an ever-changing one. The characters seem to have their own ideas where they’d like my books to go, and I often find myself adjusting the outline.

Can you tell us about your upcoming book?
Black Creek Burning is a romantic suspense about Brianna Chapman, the only witness to the murder of her parents…an arson that was meant for her. After several years, Brianna learns to cope by burying herself in her beloved teaching job by day and landscaping business by night. What she doesn’t count on is nationally renowned woodworking artist, Nathan Reed. He and his two adorable young nephews move into the run-down historical farmhouse behind her. Nathan pushes his way through Brianna’s hard shell and is determined to both win her heart and solve the murder.

Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or is it purely all imagination?
Black Creek Burning is completely fictional. However, I expect every author twines pieces of what they know or what interests them into their novels.

What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?

Brianna has a dream that re-occurs a handful of times throughout the story. Not only does the dream give the reader the scene and emotion behind the night she watched her parents die, but it evolves… just enough to see how Brianna’s view changes and the case develops and as she learns to open her heart and to trust.

What project are you working on now?
Black Creek Burning is the first of a series, although it also stands alone—no cliffhangers at the end of this novel. Book two, Shadowed Flight, is finished and set to be released in July, 2013…which brings me to my current work in progress. Dark Vengeance is book three and right now I am heavy into the character’s secrets and twists, attractions and hopes.

Do you have any advice to give to aspiring writers?
The common answer to that question is to keep writing. I agree with that advice wholeheartedly, but I also tell aspiring writers to keep researching, learning and growing their talent. Resources are not always easy to find, but they are out there and invaluable!

RT's Website
Now for the clever-silly question, if you were a t-shirt, what would you say?
“You have the right to remain silent, because what you say and do may be used in one of my books.”

Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans?
I would definitely like to say that they are amazing and are my driving force. Nothing compares to the feeling of opening my website in the morning over a cup of coffee and finding a message left on my contact form from a reader who doesn’t want my book to end. Or they look forward to the time in their day when they can get back to Black Creek Burning. My favorite is the reader who made her frozen pizza for dinner because she couldn’t put it down long enough to fix anything better.


R.T. Wolfe
Author of the Romantic Suspense, Black Creek Burning which debuts September 24th in eBook form and in print later in the fall.
Twitter @ RT_Wolfe
Pinterest @ RTWolfe



R.T. Thank you so much for being here with me today!  Congratulations on your book!! It sounds amazing. 

6 comments:

  1. I love a good mystery, so I've added Black Creek Burning to my list of TBRs. I love how you discuss your characters have their own ideas, and thus, you change your outline. I find that happens to me as well. Nice interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Elizabeth! And thank you, Rionna and Chanting of Muses, for having me here today!
    -R.T. Wolfe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Rionna- your site is beautiful!

    Hey, R.T.! This was an excellent interview. As you're nearing the end of your tour, I know how hard it is to answer questions about yourself and your book in a new and captivating way, but you did that here. Good job! Looking forward to hearing about all of your successes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rionna,

    The hard part is writing the blogs. This is the fun part. I'm honored to be here. My book trailer doesn't officially come out until tomorrow, but I thought I would leave a sneak peak here on your lovely blog.

    This is the url: http://youtu.be/1P4rqVt_mqI

    It's wonderful. Everyone did a great job.

    -R.T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful interview, Rionna and R.T. The site is beautiful, the company charming... and R.T.'s engaging comments gave me insight into her abilities as an author. Best of luck tomorrow, on your release day, R.T.! Savor the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Deborah. We'll see how well I sleep tonight. :)
    -R.T.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for chanting with us today!